Saturday, 24 November 2012

Baby Name Tag!

This is originally a video tag, but as I don't have the face for videos I am going to do it here on my blog! This tag was created by ObbsandLala and you can check out her video here. I am in no way pregnant but I love thinking about names and baby names! 



Here are the questions and my answer to the questions:

1.List your favourite and least favourite names from the SSA 2011  Baby Name List. (Why you like or dislike them and would you use a nickname)




Ok, well for a girl my favourite is fairly obvious. Sophia is my daughters name so that is my favourite girls name (but it is not quite as popular over here in New Zealand). My favourite boys name, I think out of that selection it would have to be William or Noah, they are probably tied. I once would have said Alexander but for some reason (not really sure why) I am not as fond of this name any more. The nicknames for those two would be, Loaf or Lulu for Sophia (which is what we call my daughter, long long story but that is what has stuck!) and Willie for William. 


Right, dislikes. Now if you have any of these names then I am sorry if I pick yours, I don't really dislike any of these but I have to pick one. For the girls it would have to be Emma. It is just a bit plain Jane, run of the mill stock standard name for me. I don't really have anything against the name but just not my favourite! Boys boys boys, I would probably have to pick Jayden. I am not sure why, I think its because it sounds harsh when you say it and doesn't run of the tongue well. It also really doesn't go with my last name! 



2.If you had twins what would you name them? (G/G, B/B, B/G)



Ooo this is hard. Really hard. I am going to TRY to come up with different names every time. Two girls, I really like the name Rose, so on that note I think I would pair that with Poppy, both flower names which I think is cute, but they are different enough from each other. Two boys, I ALWAYS have trouble with boys names, I am not a fan of starting with the same letter so will steer clear of that! I think I like Samuel and Lucas. Finally a boy name combination, Joshua and Emily. I think you can tell that I quite like traditional names! 

3. If you could change your name to anything what would it be?

It would be Sam, not Samantha, Sam. This is what my mum wanted to call me, after her own father who sadly passed away before any of us got to meet him. My father and grandmother both put their foot down and said it was not appropriate. I would love to have that name, the one that meant so much to my mother. 

4. You have 4 children. Any Gender. Their first names have to all start with the same letter. What would their names be? 

Well I already have Sophia so I will keep going along that line. Sophia, Sadie, Samuel, Sonny. 

5. Favourite animal inspired name.

My Friend named his son Drake, I quite like that. 

6. Favourite colour inspired name. 

Mauve, I love that name! 

7. Top three boy names.


Thomas, Isaac and Max.



8. Top three girls names. 

Sophia, Olive and Madeline.

9. Favourite Celebrity baby names. 



I really like the name Sadie or Hattie. If I had to choose a boy, maybe Flynn? I always find boys names so much harder to choose! 



10. Ultimate guilty pleasure name. 



Oooo this is hard. Being such a traditional girl it would probably be Sadie, I love that name but I don't think I would ever use it! 



11. Most hated baby names. 



I think ones that I consider made up, or too different. I am a traditional girl. I also really hate weird spelling, my cousin called her child Wryan (Ryan) and I just think the W is unnecessary, but each to their own.


12. Choose a name based on food/drink.



A girl, Olive. I adore that name and I wanted to call Sophia that. 
A boy, Barlett. Which is a type of pear and I don't think sounds like food at all!

13. Choose a baby name based on a month. 

I think that I would call a girl April. I kinda like that. 

14. Choose a baby name from Twilight. 

Oh dear, I have never read these books or watched the movies (well not sober, I watched it when I was drunk one time but only the first one.) I think I will need to consult google for this one. 

Ok, there was a Charlotte, which we were considering for Sopiha, with the nickname Charlie (which also happens to be in the book *bonus points*). For a boy there is Harry, I like the name Harrison, so I guess I could use that as a nickname! I think I may be the only female ever that has not read twilight! 

15. Choose a baby name that is already in your family. 

Easy, Olive was my Great Aunts name and for a boy, Liam, which is a cousin-in-law? Do you even say that?!?



Ok that tag took FOREVER to type out and think of! I love so many baby names and I bet that I will think of many names once I have published it to the world! Those are just some of the names that I love, hard to pick just one or two sometimes! 



I would love if you did this tag, either on youtube or on your blog. 
If you do, please put it down below so I can have a looksy!
Or if you can't be bothered with that, just comment below with your favourite girl and boy names! 


p.s If you like what you read, maybe you could follow my blog? I try to write about twice a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment