Thursday, 1 November 2012

Overdosing on Love

CAUTION CAUTION CAUTION: This post is a little mushy, I have been thinking a lot about being a mother lately, and this has got me all emotional over the fact, so I have poured my wee heart out xx

Are you a mother? Or a father for that matter? 




Before I became a mother I never really understood the whole parental love. I thought I did. Oh I really thought I knew what unconditional love was and just how much love I had to give. Then I had Sophia. Now don't get me wrong, I was not one of those instantly 'head over heals' in love with my baby people. It took time for me. Sure, I loved her from the beginning, but I feel like that my love has grown beyond what I ever imagined I was capable of.




If you are a parent, then you know. They smile - you melt. They laugh - you melt. They cry - your heart breaks for them. They fart - you think its cute. They say 'mum' (or dad) - your heart overfills and starts filling you with love from your toes (it needs to start here because there is sooo much love coming your way).


Recently Sophia has become so interactive and I just know she loves me as much as I love her. She has started crawling over and putting her wee arms up when she wants up. She randomly gives me cuddles and kisses when sitting on my knee. And one of my favourite ones, is when we sing the Barney song.. 





I love you, You love me

We're a happy family
With a great big hug
And a kiss from me to you
Won't you say you love me too. 


Yes that nightmare song that I had to listen to many times as a tween because my little brother was obsessed with Barney. The cute bit isn't just me singing it. The cutest part is that when I sing 'with a great big hug' I get a REALLY big cuddle from Sophia, she comes up and flops her head onto my chest! Also with the 'and a kiss from me to you' I get one of those super adorable open-mouthed slobbery kisses that most under ones love to done on you. 

Now if that isn't enough, she is just all round adorable. I know I am probably a little biased, but she is just too darn cute. I will let you form your own opinion... 


 



Argh, I just love that little face soo much!

Mushy mama out


No comments:

Post a Comment