Monday, 14 January 2013

New year, New Start.

2012! I am glad that crap hole of a year is over! 2013 better be a good year or I think I might hibernate until things start going my way! A new year always feels like a fresh start to me. I feel like I can make this year what I want it to be. I am just off holiday and have been back a new days, so I thought I would take the chance to write about what I want this year to be for me and what I want to achieve.

So here are those dreaded resolutions that you make with great intentions but hardly ever see through, well not this year my friends! I am determined to see at least one of these through!

1. Write daily snippets of happy moments in my planner. Just things like "Had fun chasing Sophia around the coffee table today" or "Sophia loved smelling the flowers at the park". Those are a couple that are already in there. Just those make you smile moments recorded so you can look back and smile again. 

2. Be a happier person. I am quite the negative Nancy. I will always see the worst in a situation before seeing any good. I also complain. Yes. I am THAT person. I don't always complain to people outside the home, but Nick cops a lot of it and I think that needs to stop. I know this will be a hard one, as it is a personality thing, but I really want to work on this!

3. Keep a tidier home. My home isn't dirty, but it is untidy. I hate folding washing and I let it pile up, and I am a shocker for only half doing a job! I leave things out that should be away and it frustrates the heck out of me. Especially when I want to go to bed in the evenings but I have to clean first. I want to create a clean as I go approach so it doesn't seem like such a chore. 

4. Loose weight. Yes, I know, this is probably one everyone's list. Especially after the holiday season. But I am overweight. I am considered obese by my BMI maybe even morbidly obese. However, I am not going to stress about the weight loss, and I am just going to do little things that might help. Move a little more, eat a little less and just try to make healthier choices. Just start to love myself! Yet, if I want cake? You can bet I am going to eat cake. This year is not about stressing myself out.

All of these things seem pretty achievable to me, and I think they will have a positive impact not only on me but my family too. I am hoping that number 1 will help number 2 and that 2 will help number 4. Number 3 will just de-stress my life a little.

I also want to get some projects done that I have on the go and maybe blog or make a video (MAYBE! I do hate my voice on tape - Ok now I am singing Little things by 1D - Stay on task woman) and I want to make my blog more interesting and more frequent. Although my blog will still only be about things that I am passionate about... Namely Sophia.

Right, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Years that that this year kicks last years toushie! 


Add caption

1 comment:

  1. I am with you on the resolutions!

    I do something similar to number 1. I didn't make it a resolution but I have this binder with happy/funny memories of my family. And funny quotes. Sometimes we all do or say something so funny that I would never want to forget it.

    ReplyDelete