Friday, 26 April 2013

Baby baking...

So since it was ANZAC day here today, earlier this week Sophia and I decided to bake some ANZAC biscuits (well I decided, whenever I ask Sophia about anything I usually get a very decided 'no'). I had never baked with Sophia so started with something easy just to see how it would go. I must say although it was very messy, it wasn't as bad as I anticipated. 


She helped me to sift the flour, add the other ingredients, then mix it all together. For her own special take on the recipe she decided to take some out with a measuring spoon and tip it on the counter and herself. Then I added the next few ingredients as they were hot, while Sophia played in the mess she had created. 



Then once all the mixture was mixed we rolled the mixture into balls. Well I did anyway, Sophia was too busy taste testing the mixture to really help but then we flattened the remaning balls down with a floured fork, put them in the oven to bake for about 15 minutes. 



As they were baking Sophia made a quick job of the bowl, leaving behind hardly any mixture. I forgot to take a photo of the finished product but I did manage to get a quick (albeit slightly blurry) picture of Sophia enjoying the fruits of our labour. It was sooo much fun! I wish that I had baked with her sooner! I certainly needed to have a lot of patience and time to do it, but she really enjoyed herself and so did I. It was a great way to spend an afternoon.

Baking and babies,


No comments:

Post a Comment