Sunday, 25 August 2013

Why don't you want me?!?


I have been trying to get a job for a while now. At first, it was half heartedly. But now it is rather serious. I need money, and I need some adult interaction in my life. I love being home with Sophia, but I feel myself getting stupider by the day. I need a challenge again.

My profession isn't actually over run with adult interaction. I am an early childhood teacher. It means that I will be trading looking after one kid to looking after many. However, I love the job, and I love looking after the little tikes. It's like having a whole heap of children, you get to share in their joy, excitement and learning. Yet I have struggled getting a job. I think there are two reasons.

1. Sophia, people are worried I will take too much time off if she is sick because I have no family here, and Nick isn't always available to do it. 



2. I am too honest. I say what I mean, and I mean what I say. What you see is what you get. Most people put on a huge front in an interview, but I don't. I tell potential employers this but I don't think they always believe me. I think they expect when they hire me I won't do what I say and I will get shite. I don't talk up what I will do. I don't want to disappoint them. I would rather they know what they are getting. I am beginning to think that honesty is not always my friend.

So potential employers that might google my name may in fact be reading this. Here are the facts. I will take care of my daughter. My family is important to me. However, I will also do my damndest to be at work every day. I work hard and I enjoy what I do. So please, just say yes. 















No comments:

Post a Comment